Tuesday 5 April 2016

Work In Progress- Lino Print and Key Holder

So I thought I would keep you updated on some little projects I have been working on since I shared with you last. I am determined not to let my creativity die away, so I am deliberately making myself create some gorgeous things!

I have been toying with the idea of quick makes for the sake of a shiny new blog post, but figured it would be good to just show you my progress to date.

If you follow my Facebook fanpage, you will probably have already seen these snippets. If not, you may want to get liking for sneak peaks in future!

Firstly, I have been working on a little lino print. Well, it's not actually lino, but adigraff- it's much easier to cut, which creates a much nicer finish. Well, that is if you have better coordination than I do!

The design is a little more complicated than I'm used to and I haven't used this technique in a good few years (you can see my some of my previous Lino print examples here) But I think if I go slow and steady, I'll be able to get something pretty out of it in the end.

I'm not completely sure what I will do with it as a final piece- I do know I want to feature whatever I create in my living room, but the creative process is quite young on this one! I'll be sure to share the results with you as I try to decide on the finish and combination that I would like for the finished piece. Any suggestions? Please feel free to leave a comment!

Secondly, I have been working on a pretty sparkley key holder. This was really just to give me a break from carving the adigraff and let me loose with some super sparkley holographic glitter! The photos really don't do the finish any justice, but I will be sure to share a how to post, with a little video in it so you can see the dazzle for yourself!

The wooden letters were bought from poundland and this really is a super easy- glue and glitter type of make, but the results really are gorgeous! I can't wait to add hooks and see it hanging in it's sparkley glory!

I'm looking into making more of these to sell on etsy or even a facebook sellers page, but I'm still considering the options there. I will also be doing a DIY post for those of you that want to make one for yourself so you can be as proud as me when I'm showing it off!

So what projects are you currently working on? Or are you more of an admirer than a DIY trier? Share the love and leave a comment!
Follow





No comments:

Post a Comment