Sunday 21 June 2015

DIY Framed Sailor Jerry Prints

Today I created some little pieces for my hallway. My grand plan for my hallway is for it to be almost a museum of tattoo art and tattoo paraphernalia- mainly inspired by the Tattoo Museum that I visited in Amsterdam a few years ago. It will be in contrast to the organised, tidy nature of the rest of the house and it is a long way off... but in the meantime I am going to continue creating and collecting some little pieces to adorn the walls.

To create these little prints, I simply sourced some postcard sized Sailor Jerry prints- you can get them off of eBay if you like the style, or you could print onto photo paper at home. I'm sure a google search will get plenty of choices!  I also used Ikea Raket frames just because they were cheap and cheerful (from a second hand shop) and because I was unsure whether my plan for painting them would work very well. They also happened to fit the little prints perfectly.

I decided to use acrylic paint to colour the frames red, as my colour scheme will be red and cream in the hallway. I think they look rather professional and cost about £2 each to make. Not bad!



No comments:

Post a Comment